Strategies to Improve the Effectiveness of the Regional Architectural Policy
Kim, Younghyun Associate Research Fellow Cho, Sanggyu Research Fellow Lim, Hyunsung Associate Research Fellow
- Hit 6197
Architecture policy in Korea has been initiated since the enactment of Architectural Framework Act in 2007. Although the enforcement was relatively late compared to foreign countries, especially European ones, the Architectural Framework Act and Basic Architectural Planning brought a number of remarkable facts that caused great impact to our architecture industry over the past 5 years.
The Local Architectural Planning were established out of obligation by the local government based on the Architectural Framework Act, but this had not been implemented systematically because of the institutional and administrative limitations. Therefore, many practicing professionals have many doubts concerning the policy effect which has been performed since the establishment of the Local Architectural Planning and even of the plan itself. This study points out the problems and the causes in terms of effectiveness of the plan by analyzing the scope and contents of Local Architectural Planning and results. Furthermore, it suggests the policy improvements and alternatives to secure the effectiveness of Local Architectural Planning.
APA Kim, Younghyun, Cho, Sanggyu, Lim, Hyunsung. (2015). Strategies to Improve the Effectiveness of the Regional Architectural Policy. Architecture & Urban Research Institute. MLA Kim, Younghyun, Cho, Sanggyu, Lim, Hyunsung. Strategies to Improve the Effectiveness of the Regional Architectural Policy.Architecture & Urban Research Institute. 2015 Chicago Kim, Younghyun, Cho, Sanggyu, Lim, Hyunsung. 2015. Strategies to Improve the Effectiveness of the Regional Architectural Policy. Architecture & Urban Research Institute.
Kim - other reports
- A Research of Planning & Design Methods for Smart City Services and Technologies Research Paper 2021.12.31 Hit 8085
- Planning and Policy Measures for Universal Services in Smart Cities Research Paper 2021.10.31 Hit 808
- Plans to Reorganize, Manage, and Operate Old Parks through Public-Private Partnership auri Research Brief 2021.05.18 Hit 7810
- Promoting Data Economy by Expanding Open Data Policy of Architectural Administration Data Research Paper 2020.12.31 Hit 1493
- Policy Tools for Encouraging Exterior Balconies of Residential Buildings in Response to the Living Spaces Challenge under COVID-19 Research Paper 2020.12.31 Hit 964
- Improving the Quality of Decrepit Urban Parks through Public Private Partnership Research Paper 2020.10.31 Hit 1505
- Developing Performance Management System for the Smartcity Integrated Platform Research Paper 2020.07.17 Hit 1421
- 2019 Climate Change Policy Focused on Architecture and Urban Research Paper 2019.12.31 Hit 7035
- Policy Measures for Creating Healthy Neighborhood Environment Research Paper 2013.12.31 Hit 6594
- The Action Plan on the Built Environment Education for Expanding the Base of Architectural Culture Research Paper 2011.12.30 Hit 6292