Improvement of the Evaluation System for Public Building Development Projects
Youm, Chirlho Research Fellow Yeo, Haejin Associate Research Fellow
- Hit 677
Today, public buildings reached approximately 150,000 buildings in Korea and about 6,000 public buildings are newly built every year. Public buildings is not only composed of major portion of state & common properties, but also a daily visiting place of residents such as community center, borough office, nursery facility, school, library and so on. It is directly connected with the quality of people’s life.
However, many problems regarding public buildings have been remained unsolved. For example, central departments propose a project as a bigger scale in accordance with the custom, and they usually construct buildings with similar building uses without local demand survey. It causes its lower coefficient of utilization.Furthermore they belittle the value of design, and are proceeding whole working process oriented administratively. “Review In Advance’ is expected as a betterment of public building planning phase by the ARCHITECTURE SERVICE INDUSTRY PROMOTION ACT. Still evaluation and management system is one-sided to early stage of new building projects only and being insusfficient for the whole result evaluation.
The central government builds and rebuilds ‘Government Office Building & Official Residence Building’ operating ‘National Property Management Fund’ and this type of project is called ‘Public Property Acquisition Project(PPAP)’. The total budget of PPAP is roughly 900 billion won. This research is aiming to propose evaluation system of national public architecture projects for the purpose of budget execution efficiency and progress of design quality through good circulation system.
APA Youm, Chirlho, Yeo, Haejin. (2015). Improvement of the Evaluation System for Public Building Development Projects. Architecture & Urban Research Institute. MLA Youm, Chirlho, Yeo, Haejin. Improvement of the Evaluation System for Public Building Development Projects.Architecture & Urban Research Institute. 2015 Chicago Youm, Chirlho, Yeo, Haejin. 2015. Improvement of the Evaluation System for Public Building Development Projects. Architecture & Urban Research Institute.
Youm - other reports
- Case studies of temporary housing for victims of large-scale disasters -Focusing on the cases of the US and Japan- auri Research Brief 2022.12.31 Hit 4094
- A Study on the Private-led Housing Supply Promotion Approach Focusing on the Worth to Reside Research Paper 2021.12.31 Hit 8246
- The Issues and Challenges of Public Building Design Procurement Methods Research Paper 2019.12.31 Hit 9303
- Guidelines and Process for Establishing Comprehensive Asset Management Plan for Efficient Development and Utilization of Public Facilities in Local Areas Research Paper 2019.10.31 Hit 8933
- Research on the Planning Regulations and Spatial issues of Fire Station Research Paper 2018.12.31 Hit 8580
- A Study on the Revitalization of Public-Private Partnership for the Mixed-use Development of Old Government Buildings Research Paper 2018.10.31 Hit 8627
- A Study on Rationalization of Architectural Fees Criteria of Public Project for Quality Improvement of Architectural Service Research Paper 2016.12.31 Hit 7724
- Research on the improvement of remuneration standards related to building construction supervision of building safety Research Paper 2016.12.31 Hit 7775
- A Study on Preparing of Standard Service and Payment for Realization of Design Intent Research Paper 2015.12.31 Hit 7597
- A Study for Installation of Standard Design Service of Remodeling and Improvement of Standard Payment for Service Research Paper 2015.12.31 Hit 7570
- The Improvement of the Architectural Design Procurement System for Enhancing the Energy Performance of Public Buildings Research Paper 2014.08.31 Hit 689
- A Strategy for Efficient Operation of Projects Supported by the Central Government for Improving Built Environment of Municipalities Research Paper 2013.12.31 Hit 743
- The Improvement of the Architectural Design Procurement System Research Paper 2012.12.31 Hit 738
- Housing-related Legal System Flexibilization Strategy for Small Scale Housing Development Research Paper 2012.12.31 Hit 694
- Establishment of Architectural Process Design Guideline Research Paper 2010.12.31 Hit 782
- Study on Methods of Building a Local Based Support Network for Architectural and Urban Programs and Revitalizing Its Coordinator Function Research Paper 2008.12.31 Hit 850