Improvement of a Project Delivery System for Hanok Public Building - Focused on the Design Phase -
Shin, Chihoo Associate Research Fellow Kim, Garam Assistant Research Fellow
- Hit 5881
Efforts to proliferate Hanok culture have been delivering in various fields with the legislation of Architectural Assets Promotion Act. Supports for Hanok public building is especially continued by the central and local governments, because of its effective promotion and proliferation of Hanok culture.
Due to the characteristics of public building, it has lots of users and visitors and this calls for continuous supports for the Hanok public building. Hanok public building can provide traditional Korean cultural housing experience with users and visitors, and this can be a chance to improve the understanding of Hanok and to
promote the benefit of Hanok.
A project delivery system for public building is, however, oriented towards general building types so that Hanok public building projects have difficulty in delivering the projects. Referable cases and obtainable information are scarce especially in the Hanok public building design phase. This results to be difficult to reflect unique Hanok spatial organization, structure, and arrangement in Hanok public building.
This study, therefore, aims to propose the improvement plan for Hanok public buildnig project delivery system focusing on the design phase. This study examined the public building project delivery systems and legislation related with each phase of Hanok public building project delivery. Real cases are also investigated through the data from Korea On-line E-Procurement System and from local governments.
APA Shin, Chihoo, Kim, Garam. (2015). Improvement of a Project Delivery System for Hanok Public Building - Focused on the Design Phase -. Architecture & Urban Research Institute. MLA Shin, Chihoo, Kim, Garam. Improvement of a Project Delivery System for Hanok Public Building - Focused on the Design Phase -.Architecture & Urban Research Institute. 2015 Chicago Shin, Chihoo, Kim, Garam. 2015. Improvement of a Project Delivery System for Hanok Public Building - Focused on the Design Phase -. Architecture & Urban Research Institute.
Click to copy the article.
Shin - other reports
- A Study on the Policy Measures for Provision of the Public Hanok Research Paper 2019.10.31 Hit 945
- Measures to Activate Hanok in Farming Village Housing Improvement Project to Form Local Identity Research Paper 2019.10.31 Hit 6367
- A Basic Study for the Training of Hanok Construction workers Research Paper 2018.12.31 Hit 6285
- A Study on the Method of Preservation of Hanok Village on Rural Area through the Diagnosis of Change in Hanok Conservation Model Village, Jeollanam-do Research Paper 2016.12.31 Hit 5975
- A Study on the Problems and Improvements of Hanok Village Projects Research Paper 2016.10.31 Hit 8974
- A Study of Building Ledger Improvement for Efficient Registration and Management of Hanok Research Paper 2014.11.07 Hit 570
- A Study on the Provision of Hanok in the Residential Zone of Limited Development District Research Paper 2012.12.31 Hit 537