Reforming Planning and Building Regulations for Enhancing Neighborhoods
Lim, Yookyoung Assistant Research Fellow Lim, Kangryoon Assistant Research Fellow
- Hit 700
Summary The quality of the built environment of the General Residential Zone is yet to be discussed in depth despite being the area where everyday lives of residents are most affected by. This in part is due to the housing shortages during the process of rapid urbanization in Korea by which building regulations were successively eased to accommodate for speedy urbanization, which in turn meant that regulations were alleviated even in areas with inadequate infrastructure. This caused the deterioration of living standards in single housing areas quickly turning it into dense multi-family housing areas of today. This study focuses on the General Residential Zone as it is the most common form of residential area in Korea, and identifies the problems and limitations of the current planning and building regulations to propose a general direction and improvement regarding these regulations.
APA Lim, Yookyoung, Lim, Kangryoon. (2012). Reforming Planning and Building Regulations for Enhancing Neighborhoods. Architecture & Urban Research Institute. MLA Lim, Yookyoung, Lim, Kangryoon. Reforming Planning and Building Regulations for Enhancing Neighborhoods.Architecture & Urban Research Institute. 2012 Chicago Lim, Yookyoung, Lim, Kangryoon. 2012. Reforming Planning and Building Regulations for Enhancing Neighborhoods. Architecture & Urban Research Institute.
Lim - other reports
- Principles and Operational Direction of the Special Architectural District System auri Research Brief 2022.05.25 Hit 6370
- Establishing Operational Guidelines for Special Architectural District Research Paper 2021.12.31 Hit 835
- Public Sports Facilities from a User’s Perspective Research Paper 2021.12.31 Hit 8040
- Survey and Planning Framework for Sustainable Management of the ‘Modern Historic-Cultural District’ auri Research Brief 2021.08.19 Hit 4034
- Improvement to Lower Floors and Outdoor Spaces of Public Buildings auri Research Brief 2020.11.26 Hit 1498
- Survey and Planning Framework for Sustainable Management of “Modern Historic-Cultural District” Research Paper 2020.10.31 Hit 1456
- Making Better Public Buildings : Ground Floor and Open Space Issues Research Paper 2019.11.30 Hit 9337
- Establishing Public Building Center at Local-level Research Paper 2017.09.29 Hit 985
- Making Streets for People : Urban Design Issues Research Paper 2015.10.31 Hit 6690
- Addressing Abandoned Buildings : Survey Methodology Research Paper 2014.09.30 Hit 666