The establishment and operation of the National Public Architecture Center
Seo, Soojeong Research Fellow Kim, Younghyun Assistant Research Fellow Cho, Seaeun Assistant Research Fellow
- Hit 3547
Summary Public architecture is deeply embedded in our society, embodies local and cultural significance, and affects the quality of our urban environment. Not only that, there are 143,000 public buildings in Korea amounting to 24 trillion KRW, and the number of facilities are increasing on a yearly basis, constituting towards a large segment of public asset. However, despite such increased significance of public architecture, the design quality remains low due to a number of reasons such as generally inadequate architectural project planning, absence of relevant expertise, and a bureaucratic design and build process. Such drawbacks have resulted in public facilities which fail to reflect the needs of local community by either being concentrated only in certain areas, or being built where there is no significant demand. There is also the problem of overly standardized design of public architecture which equally bears negative effects towards the overall built environment. Hence, the research aims to present the establishment and operation model of a centralized design support and management organization which enables sufficient architectural planning, systematically manages the design process at all stages of the project, operates a comprehensive public architecture database system, and fosters relevant specialists that are specifically required for public projects.
APA Seo, Soojeong, Kim, Younghyun, Cho, Seaeun. (2012). The establishment and operation of the National Public Architecture Center. Architecture & Urban Research Institute. MLA Seo, Soojeong, Kim, Younghyun, Cho, Seaeun. The establishment and operation of the National Public Architecture Center.Architecture & Urban Research Institute. 2012 Chicago Seo, Soojeong, Kim, Younghyun, Cho, Seaeun. 2012. The establishment and operation of the National Public Architecture Center. Architecture & Urban Research Institute.
Seo - other reports
- Localism-Based Policy Implications for Regeneration of Small and Medium-Sized Cities Research Paper 2021.12.31 Hit 177859
- Management and Operation of Anchor Facilities for Neighborhood Regeneration Revitalization Research Paper 2021.12.31 Hit 12653
- Residential Regenerations Connected with Integrated Cares in the Local Community auri Research Brief 2021.04.22 Hit 8325
- A Study on Residential Regeneration Connected with Community Care Based on the Ageing in Place Research Paper 2020.12.31 Hit 4430
- Place-based Integrated Plan on the Basis of the Local Resources for Sustainability of Small-to-Medium Cities Research Paper 2019.12.31 Hit 8067
- Guide to Copyright of the Architectural Design Research Paper 2017.12.31 Hit 8228
- Development of Neighborhood Regeneration Fund Support Program to Revitalize Urban Regeneration Research Paper 2016.12.31 Hit 7069
- The Suggestions of Improvement Schemes for Urban Regeneration Act Research Paper 2015.08.31 Hit 3524