Policy Suggestions for Regeneration and Reuse of Empty Homes in Deprived Areas
Park, Sungnam Associate Research Fellow Kim, Seungnam Associate Research Fellow Yoon, Zoosun Associate Research Fellow
- Hit 796
There is a growing demand for national policies for maintenance and management of long-term neglected empty homes. According to the 2015 Population and Housing Census, the number of empty homes nationwide is about 1.07 million, which accounts for about 6.5% of all houses.
On the other hand, the central government's policy support for the regeneration of declining areas has been strengthened. The residential environment in deprived areas is very vulnerable, and there are a lot of empty homes. Therefore, there is a political high demand for the maintenance and management of empty homes.
The purpose of this study is to suggest implementation strategies and means for the regeneration and utilization of empty homes. In addition, this study suggests measures for the development of regeneration policies and systems that are tailored to he local community in connection with regional regeneration.
APA Park, Sungnam, Kim, Seungnam, Yoon, Zoosun. (2016). Policy Suggestions for Regeneration and Reuse of Empty Homes in Deprived Areas. Architecture & Urban Research Institute. MLA Park, Sungnam, Kim, Seungnam, Yoon, Zoosun. Policy Suggestions for Regeneration and Reuse of Empty Homes in Deprived Areas.Architecture & Urban Research Institute. 2016 Chicago Park, Sungnam, Kim, Seungnam, Yoon, Zoosun. 2016. Policy Suggestions for Regeneration and Reuse of Empty Homes in Deprived Areas. Architecture & Urban Research Institute.
Park - other reports
- A Research of Planning & Design Methods for Smart City Services and Technologies Research Paper 2021.12.31 Hit 7333
- A Study on the Climate Resilient Development Pathways (CRDPs) for Carbon Neutral Society Research Paper 2021.12.31 Hit 7392
- Measures to Operate and Manage Sustainable Smart City Services auri Research Brief 2021.10.28 Hit 12363
- The Building Certification Systems in South Korea: Issue and Suggestions for Improvements auri Research Brief 2021.08.26 Hit 12234
- Policy Improvements for Urban Climate Change With Green New Deal Research Paper 2020.12.31 Hit 7292
- Business Model for Sustainable Smart City Service Research Paper 2020.10.31 Hit 1279
- An Improvement Direction for the Building Certification Systems based on the Smart Building Concept Research Paper 2020.10.31 Hit 1358
- Implications for the Introduction and its Application of Community Land Trust Research Paper 2017.10.31 Hit 7211
- The Experiential Implications for the Foundation Phase of Urban Regeneration Projects Research Paper 2016.12.31 Hit 6842